Poster Collection "The Epochal Revelations" - by John Byron
Classic art from the late John Byron has been well received by the Urantia community for many years. Only recently we visited John's wife Carol Byron, and she graciously offered access to all 5 of John's beautiful Epochal Revelations posters - which have been highly sought after for years. We have a set of the prints hanging in gold frames in a prominent place in our own home, and I promise you - they always get the attention of our guests. They will be a conversation starter for anyone visiting your home as well and are suitable for framing. Printed on heavy duty paper 18" x 24".
COMPLETE SET - includes:
1. The Dalamatian teachings. The true concept of the First Source and Center was first promulgated on Urantia by the one hundred corporeal members of Prince Caligastia's staff. This expanding revelation of Deity went on for more than three hundred thousand years until it was suddenly terminated by the planetary secession and the disruption of the teaching regime. Except for the work of Van, the influence of the Dalamatian revelation was practically lost to the whole world. Even the Nodites had forgotten this truth by the time of Adam's arrival. Of all who received the teachings of the one hundred, the redmen held them longest, but the idea of the Great Spirit was but a hazy concept in Amerindian religion when contact with Christianity greatly clarified and strengthened it. ~ The Urantia Book 92:4.5
2. The Edenic teachings. Adam and Eve again portrayed the concept of the Father of all to the evolutionary peoples. The disruption of the first Eden halted the course of the Adamic revelation before it had ever fully started. But the aborted teachings of Adam were carried on by the Sethite priests, and some of these truths have never been entirely lost to the world. The entire trend of Levantine religious evolution was modified by the teachings of the Sethites. But by 2500 B.C. mankind had largely lost sight of the revelation sponsored in the days of Eden. ~ The Urantia Book 92:4.6
3. Melchizedek of Salem. This emergency Son of Nebadon inaugurated the third revelation of truth on Urantia. The cardinal precepts of his teachings were trust and faith. He taught to trust in the omnipotent beneficence of God and proclaimed that faith was the act by which men earned God’s favor. His teachings gradually commingled with the beliefs and practices of various evolutionary religions and finally developed into those theologic systems present on Urantia at the opening of the first millennium after Christ. ~ The Urantia Book 94:4.7
4. Jesus of Nazareth. Christ Michael presented for the fourth time to Urantia the concept of God as the Universal Father, and this teaching has generally persisted ever since. The essence of his teaching was love and service, the loving worship which a creature son voluntarily gives in recognition of, and response to, the loving ministry of God his Father; the freewill service which such creature sons bestow upon their brethren in the joyous realization that in this service they are likewise serving God the Father. ~ The Urantia Book 9:4.8
5. The Urantia Papers. The papers, of which this is one, constitute the most recent presentation of truth to the mortals of Urantia. These papers differ from all previous revelations, for they are not the work of a single universe personality but a composite presentation by many beings. But no revelation short of the attainment of the Universal Father can ever be complete. All other celestial ministrations are no more than partial, transient, and practically adapted to local conditions in time and space. While such admissions as this may possibly detract from the immediate force and authority of all revelations, the time has arrived on Urantia when it is advisable to make such frank statements, even at the risk of weakening the future influence and authority of this, the most recent of the revelations of truth to the mortal races of Urantia. ~ The Urantia Book 92:4.9
Just an interesting footnote - the Fourth Epochal Revelation was a rendering of Jesus himself until John changed his mind and painted over it to create what you see now in these posters! The image of Jesus only exists in the first layer of paint on the original 36" x 48" painting and in a photographic slide that Carol gave to us! We hope to offer John's image of Jesus to the Urantia community very soon.
We were thrilled to see the epochal revelations original paintings on display when we visited Carol. They are hanging in 55 Main Gallery in Bisbee, Arizona, and retail for $1200 each. They are absolutely visually stunning. John has other fine works featured in the gallery as well. Carol has been forced to let go of some of John's work over the years and we hope that these paintings find a worthy home. We know that John's visionary works will be in demand for many years to come as The Urantia Book teachings find their way into the hearts of all of mankind.
CosmicCreations.BIZ - The Urantia Store - The reliable source where those who love The Urantia Book can find Books, Gifts, and Gear.
We Also Recommend